Wakefield Post News Feed

Featured Post By Aerial Services

Man avoids rain puddle by pressing button and summoning his Tesla

To avoid a rather sizable puddle of rainwater, a Reddit user employed a helpful piece of Tesla technology, the "Summon" feature....

Most Watched Video

Trending On TV Aerials Wakefield

Tuesday, 20 February 2018

"I Come From America" (From the Album "Dust Bowl - American Stories") by Grant Maloy Smith

"I Come From America" (From the Album "Dust Bowl - American Stories") by Grant Maloy Smith

https://vimeo.com/grantmaloysmith/icomefromamerica

You can purchase this album on iTunes and Amazon, or order an autographed copy directly from www.grant-maloy-smith.com/DustBowl Grant will personally sign your album and dedicate it to the name of your choice! "I Come From America" is the first single from the album "Dust Bowl - American Stories" - this song chronicles the plight of Americans during the 1930s who found themselves unwanted migrants in their own country. The severe drought in the Great Plains known as the Dust Bowl caused millions of Americans to abandon their homes and seek work elsewhere. It's a cautionary tale about the environment, and about what it means to be an American. From the album "Dust Bowl - American Stories" Words and music © Grant Maloy Smith (BMI) Produced by Grant Maloy Smith and Jeff Silverman Grant Maloy Smith is an American Roots Singer/Songwriter with a country bent. His songs tell heartfelt stories about real people, and are unfailingly optimistic and forward looking. His 2017 album "Dust Bowl - American Stories" is earning rave reviews, including one from NO DEPRESSION, the bible of American Roots music. “Grant’s ability to capture the heartland in his music is amazing ... he has written A heartland masterpiece ... lyrics and music as potent as Woody Guthrie ... sent chills down my spine ... bound to become a classic ... A reminder of the darker period of Bob Dylan, and it’s that good, that memorable...” Grant is a member of the Recording Academy (the Grammys®), the AMA, the CMA, and is a BMI Recording artist. Vocals, Guitar: Grant Maloy Smith Dobro: Rob Ickes Fiddle: Steve Stokes Accordion: Jeff Taylor B3: Tommy Mandel Bass: Bill Wittman Drums: Skoota Warner Backing Vocals: Dorie Pride, Jennifer Zeltzer ℗ 2017 Suburban Cowboy Music Bass, Drums and B3 recorded at PIE Studio, Glen Cove, NY (Engineered by Perry Margouleff and Matt Sornik) Vocals and Guitar recorded at Suburban Cowboy Studio, Wakefield, RI Dobro, Accordion and fiddle recorded at Palette Studio, Nashville, TN LYRICS I Come From America Can you see the Texas in my eyes? I left her but she’s still strong in me We broke down in Kingman so we Walked to Bakersfield Don’t you know the mother road? I Come from America America, America I Come from America America’s from me Can you hear the pilgrim in my voice? Blown ashore by unforgiving winds Beggars can’t be choosers But we choose to still be men Don’t you know – don’t you know? Chorus We’re the desperate and unwanted We’re the strangers from the shanty side of town Do my eyes look proud but haunted? That’s the destiny in me That’s the Texas that you see Can you feel the prairie on my skin? Baked and brown from work and sweat and tears Daddy always told me That the dirt would take us in Don’t you know? Don’t you know? I Come from America America, America I Come from America America’s from me

Uploaded 2018-02-19T21:29:38.000Z TV Aerial Wakefield

No comments:

Post a Comment